Monday, August 15, 2011

Gerga3on Night Part 1

Last night was the Gerga'on night; it's a Bahraini/ Khaleeji ceremony in the 14th of Ramadan, where the kids wear their cute little traditional clothes and roam around the neighborhood and to their families house knocking on their doors to get the Gergao'on (Chocolate, sweets, nuts, money) -Similar to the trick or treat idea- and they sing to the people on their doorstep the old Bahraini folklore songs...

Well, instead of being their with the family and kids, it was my three wonderful girlfriends second birthday gathering, and we called it (gerga3on/ birthday/ gahwa night)... And you guys are wondering, Gahwa night??

During our stay, we gossiped, took lots of pictures, and played some crazy games (such as UNO, and "I've never" game).. YES. This is the famous drinking game, but instead of having real drinks -And no, we don't drink- we twisted it to Arabic Gahwa drinking game... And guess what??? I am the one who has been drinking the most, cause my girls have been throwing on some serious questions that they never did -except for me, cause I'm married-... And I had to drink almost one and a half of Arabic Gahwa dallas (thermos)... I could not sleep that night, I was wiiiiide awake, thanks to that crazy game, bad for weekdays...

Leaving you with the pictures of what we wore, ate, played, etc...




The above two lovely jalabeeya/ dresses are designed by my freinds (Any+Addi)









UNO


Gahwa Game
Pin It!

2 comments:

Amani said...

i looooved how you all dressed <3
could you plz tell me how to contact anni & addi?

Alla said...

Thank you sweety...
This is their facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Any-Addi/142368682477140
and this is their contact number:(+973) 34106557
=D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...