Sunday, August 21, 2011

Color Block


I was browsing through tumblr, and found some great feirce color blocking ideas, it inspired me... Although, I have been trying to color block myself, and to be honest with you guys, I failed in trying to find the  right balance and proper color coordination and always end up playing it safe.

Color blocking is when you put a couple of pieces together that are completely different bright colors. The colors are so different that when put together, they are perfect. Well, here are some tips that I found to help you color block:

1. Cheat- Buy something that is already color blocked.
2. Be bold- Don’t be afraid to go outside your comfort zone. That’s what it’s all about.
3. Keep it simple- Make sure the colors do the talking. Keep silhouettes simple and stay away from prints.

Anyways, you might have probably seen those images before, but I thought of sharing them with you...





















Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...