Friday, November 11, 2011

Baked Veggies in White Sauce



Since the weather is getting pretty cooler in the Kingdom, I decided to prepare myself a warm dish "Baked Vegetables in White Sauce"... My lunch was pretty satisfying and verrrrryyy easy to prepare...

The veggies that I used were all frozen, the only thing that needed the most attention was preparing the white sauce...

Ingredients:
Any kind of frozen vegetables you like, what I used was: potatoes, carrots, corn, and asparagus
2 frozen sausages
Salt and pepper for seasoning

For the white sauce:
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsps all purpose flour
1 cup low fat milk at room temperature
2 Low fat cheese slices
I used a handful of french shredded cheese "Emmental français", you can use any other shredded cheese "Cheddar/ Monterey Jack/ mozzarella" for the white sauce
Grated cheddar or masdaam cheese, I used masdaam
Some bread crumbs -if desired-
Salt and pepper to season

Direction:

pre-heat the oven at 200 C.


For the vegetables, place them in colander or strainer and rinse with warm water until thawed… then drain well and set aside.

Boil the 2 sausages and cut them to small pieces and set aside with the veggies.


Melt the butter in a saucepan add the flour and mix it well  by cooking it in a low heat for 2 minutes and try not to brown or burn the flour. Keep stirring and slowly add the milk little by little to avoid getting any lumps, then add the rest of the milk

Stir and bring to boil. Reduce the heat, add the salt and pepper.

Add the cheese slices and the shredded french cheese and mix well till the cheese melts. Simmer for few more minutes till the sauce thickens.


Put the vegetables and sausages in a baking dish -I recommend you use a less depth of baking dish than the one I used here, similar to the one I used in the very first picture above- and pour the sauce till it covers the veggies.



Add the grated masdaam cheese and the bread crumbs over it and bake in the oven at 200 C till the cheese starts to brown for about 15 minutes.

And it is ready to be served, I had it with bread and brown rice..

Bon appetit... =D
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...