Couscous is one of my favorite variety of starchy food, and I love to incorporate it mostly in my salads -It is also known that couscous is among the healthiest grain-based products!-.
Here is what you will need to prepare this salad:
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A pinch of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of couscous
- 1/3 cup or about less than a half cup of water
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (Halved)
- 3 mushrooms (Halved)
- A small bunch of spinach
- Drizzle the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms with some olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper and pop them into the oven for about 10 minutes 180 c.
- Until they get roasted, in a saucepan, bring water to boil. Add salt and stir, then add couscous and directly remove from heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Couscous should absorb all the water, fluf with fork and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Little Tip: You can add vegetable stock instead of water to add more flavor to the couscous!
- Mix the spinach leaves along with couscous, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms and serve immediately.
Enjoy your warm salad!