I've been asked by soo many of my lovely readers and followers on how to make an easy homemade granola recipe for quite sometime. I know that searching for a plain granola or according to any of your taste is a bit hard to find -or a little bit expensive-. to make the long story short, I have prepared for you the simplest recipe that you can add anything you like (nuts or dried fruits) to the recipe and make it just the way you like it!
Okay, so let's begin!!
- 1 1/2 cups oats (Quacker)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small pack of sweetener (I use Stevia)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Combine oats and almonds in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix it well with the rest of the ingredients (Honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt).
- Now, combine the honey mixture onto the oats and almonds using a spoon or a spatula until the oats are well coated. -The mixture should be a bit clumpy-
- transfer the granola to the baking sheet and spread them evenly, and into the oven for about 20 minutes stirring the granola every 8 minutes.
- Let the granola cool down, and it will dry up nice and crunchy.
- Store the granola in a container for up to two weeks, better yet in the fridge!
This is how the granola will look after cooling it down, golden and crispy!
This is how I enjoy my granola...
Happy New Year my lovely followers and readers, keep checking my Instagram ( @Alla_Alsh ) or my Twit Acct for my daily activities...
See you next year insha'allah... xxx